Feedback from ECO-COMPASS participation in ICGC-10
The primary aim of this event was to offer the presenters a forum to engage with large audience, encourage open exchange of information with fellow delegates and present the latest achievements of the project.
The event proved to be a unique opportunity for the participants to obtain an overview of the recent advancements on the research scene, with 5 presentations from the participating European organisations. The conference attendees had the opportunity to engage into fruitful discussions and networking with the representatives of academia, research community and industry involved in ECO-COMPASS.
More than 100 delegates participated in the event.
The ECO-COMPASS presentations given by the EU partners can be downloaded below:
- Contributive talk No 1: X-ray tomography imaging of sandwich panels made of ramie fibre and carbon fibre by Zehong SONG, University of Manchester
- Contributive talk No 2: Interlaminar shear strength of unaged and aged carbon fibre reinforced rosin-based epoxy composites by Vasileios TZATZADAKIS, Laboratory of Technology and Strength of Materials Department of Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics, University of Patras.
- Contributive talk No 3: Outlook on the potential of hybrid nonwoven from flax fibres and recycled carbon fibres by Jens BACHMANN, German Aerospace Center (DLR)
- Contributive talk No 4: Homogenisation procedures for the analysis of eco-composite for aeronautical structures by Xavier MARTINEZ, International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering (CIMNE)
- Contributive talk No 5: Preparation and characterisation of bio-based thermoset nano composites by Carmen Sguazzo, Institute of Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Management (INEGI)
The following presentations were given by the Chinese partners:
- High Performances of Plant Fiber Reinforced Composites by Yan LI, Tongji University
- Effect of Functionalized Nanomaterials on The Flammability of The Composites by Tao Yu, Tongji University
- Energy Absorption on Natural Fiber Reinforced Composites by Yiou Shen, Tongji University
- Effect of Water Aging on Flame Retardancy of Flax Fiber Reinforced Phenolic Resin Composites by Zhuo Li, Tongji University
- Natural Fiber Reinforced Plastic Composites by Jin Zhu, Ningbo Institute of Materials Technology and Engineering, CAS
- High Performance Thermosetting Resins Derived from Renewable Daidzein by Xiaoqing Liu, Ningbo Institute of Materials Technology and Engineering, CAS
- Study on the properties of Bio-based Resin and Composites Using Rosin-sourced Anhydrides as Curing Agent by Xufeng Zhang, ACC (Beijing) Science and Technology Co., Ltd.
- Effect of Grafting Flax Fiber with Nano-clay on the Hygrothermal Resistance of Flax / epoxy Composites by Anni Wang, Harbin Institute of Technology
- Life Cycle Assessment of Natural Fibre and Its Reinforced Composite by Shaoce Dong, Harbin Institute of Technology
- CNT Grafting onto Ramie Fiber and Its Effects on the Bonding and Mechanical Properties of Ramie/Epoxy Composites by Wanru Wang, Harbin Institute of Technology
We look forward to meeting you during upcoming events!
At the entrance to the ICGC-10.
Group picture of the ECO-COMPASS participants.
Talk No 1 by Zehong SONG.
Talk No 2 by Vasileios TZATZADAKIS.
Talk No 3 by Jens BACHMANN.
Talk No 4 by Xavier MARTINEZ.
Talk No 5 by Carmen SGUAZZO.
Category :Events / Presentations