ECO-COMPASS at ICGC-10
The ECO-COMPASS partners are organising their second public workshop in collaboration with the 10th International Conference on Green Composites.
ICGC-10 will be held on 7-9 November 2018 in Quanzhou, P.R. China.
The ECO-COMPASS special session will be held on the 8th of November from 10:45 to 12:00. It will be chaired by Prof. Yan LI, Tongji University, China.
The following presentations will showcase the results of the project:
- 10:45 -11:00 X-Ray Tomography Imaging of Sandwich Panels Made of Ramie Fibre and Recycled Carbon Fibre presented by Zehong Song, University of Manchester
- 11:00 -11:15 Interlaminar Shear Strength of Unaged and Aged Carbon Fiber Reinforced Rosin-Based Epoxy Composites presented by Vasileios Tzatzadakis, University of Patras
- 11:15 -11:30 Outlook on The Potential of Hybrid Nonwoven from Flax Fibres and Recycled Carbon Fibres presented by Jens Bachmann, German Aerospace Center (DLR)
- 11:30 -11:45 Homogenization Procedures for The Analysis of Eco-Composite for Aeronautical Structures presented by Xavier Martinez, International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering (CIMNE)
- 11:45 -12:00 Preparation and Characterization of Bio-based Thermoset Nano Composites presented by Carmen Sguazzo, Institute of Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Management (INEGI)
Context of the ICGC-10:
Sustainable development, industrial ecology, eco-efficiency and green chemistry are leading the next generation of materials, products and process development and progress. Green composite materials play an important role in the field of high strength, light weight, recycling and regeneration.